Position: Regional Associate (Leadership Development in Northern Region)
Regional Team seeks to create a sustainable community impact for Teach For Thailand to operate each region by their own to achieve their needs as the unique context. The team had responsibility for the Northern Region in three main areas; (1) Community Selection - increase representation of incoming fellows cohort to reflect the makeup of the communities and collaborate with the people in the community to recruit and select the candidate for their schools; ; (2) Leadership Development - develop fellows leadership so that they can create impact on students, school, and community; (3) Local Partnership - secure and grow public and private partnerships within the region to execute the vision
Role & Responsibilities:
Teach For Thailand is looking for a Northern Regional Associate who has strong passion in sustainable development starting in the community by developing young leaders to become the leaders who are outstanding both inside and outside the classroom through teaching and leading skills programs. He/she has to strengthen the relationship, to lead fellows for the challenging success and to coach them to step across the hard time. Ideal candidate is a strong communicator and has the ability to problem solve issues with little guidance. He or she is the one who designs, creates and invents learning experience and coaching and mentoring innovation, and also develops leadership skill to allow TFT fellows to work efficiently and make education equality become true, which is the goal of Thai For Thailand’ vision.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Taking care of the fellows by giving suggestions or coaching by understanding each fellow’s strength and weakness in order to improve their potential.
- Executing fellow training and development programs to the highest quality in order to achieve programs objectives and outcomes.
- Creating efficient learning experience for TFT fellows to make sure that they can develop their mindset, skills and knowledge in order to achieve the vision of Teach For Thailand including classroom supervising and talking with each cohorts, school visiting, group discussion, developing skills workshop, joining study planning, co-teaching, leadership workshop, school’s community project, and other activities related to TFT.
- Creating strong regional culture to allow fellows and alumni to work in a good working culture environment in order to live up to the expectation of influencing students, community and related people to change in a better way.
- Following Teach For Thailand’ working culture by supporting fellows to improve themselves continuously and earnestly in order to build up cooperation networks and support.
- Counselling fellows to make them understand and adhere to the mission of TFT alumni that is working to make education equality become true.
- Building a good relationship with the school's administration, teachers and community in Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Nan, and Lumpang (13 schools) to make them understand the program. In addition, he or she should have an ability to solve possible problems in case there are any conflicts between fellows, teachers and school administration in order to support long-term co-working.
- Inspiring fellows and the school’s teachers to realize the vision of teaching and learning in school and try to make it become true. On the other hand, he or she has to train and transfer this skill to fellows also.
- Following up, gathering, analyzing and commenting on the progress and achievement in school according to the goal in teaching and learning of fellows from student data, fellow engagement survey data, principal survey data and qualitative data from students work and other sources to improve the project implementation.
- Prioritizing and creating a plan to support fellows who teach in many regions and areas and also he or she has to make a plan for personal discussion, small meeting among fellows and organization meetings.
- Supporting and coordinating with fellows to make them work smoothly with each department in Teach For Thailand for doing projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in any fields;
- Thai nationality or legally authorized to work in Thailand;
- Over 2 years' working experience in coaching, training or teaching;
- Working in education sector would be highly considered;
- Having a hometown in Northern Thailand would be highly considered.
- Proven ability to coach and develop team members toward achieving ambitious and measurable outcomes;
- Ability to operate with urgency and sense of possibility in a fast-paced environment;
- Flexible (able to travel and work on Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Nan, and Lumpang );
- Passionate about education, working with people and working for society;
- Excellent skill in using Microsoft Words, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Fluency in spoken Thai and proficiency in English is required.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- A deep commitment to education equity - a belief that all children can succeed regardless of their background.
- Visionary leadership skills, with the personal drive and energy to inspire and motivate colleagues and peers.
- Perseverance - continued effort to do or achieve the mission despite difficulties, failure, or opposition.
- Ability to work effectively with critical thinking, to operate with urgency and sense of possibility in a fast-paced environment.
- A learning orientation with self-awareness and commitment to development for growth
- Exceptional interpersonal skills - ability to establish and manage authentic working relationships with people of all working styles with humility, empathy and respect to get things done.
- Exceptional organizational skills - ability to manage multiple complex projects independently to achieve results.
- High levels of integrity and accountability.
- Exemplify Teach For Thailand’s core values: Mission Comes First, Grow Together, Sense of Possibility, and Act Like Owners.
Salarydepends on prior experience and our structure. Benefits include medicalinsurance, a generous leave policy, and possible opportunities for travel.Additionally, there is ample opportunity for professional development andmobility within the organization as well as access to professional developmentthrough the Teach For All global network.
Tojoin us as a team member, apart from being well qualified, you need tobelieve as strongly as we do in our mission and vision to ensure the success ofour organization.
Pleasesend your resume and a one-page cover letter explaining why Teach For Thailandand why this role to email@example.com with the subject lineof the position you are applying for.
Onlyshortlisted candidates will be contacted.
TeachFor Thailand Foundation
People& Culture Team
7thfloor, Athakavi Building 2
KlongToey, Bangkok 10110