The Leadership Development Manager leads the efforts to train and empower participants (“fellows”) who are teaching in classrooms to transform the lives of thousands of students in the Greater Bangkok area and other provinces. Teach For Thailand’s Training & Support Team have trained over 200+ fellows. The team designs and executes training and professional development programs for fellows during Summer Institute and throughout their two-year placement in schools. The team also builds the capacity of Teach For Thailand staff and partners with government, university, and local schools to support and develop our fellows. Through the team’s work, our fellows will be equipped with the knowledge, skills, and mindset to lead the students they teach to greater achievement and to develop into future leaders themselves.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Leadership Development Manager is a one-of-a-kind position that provides an unparalleled opportunity for the right individual to play an important role in developing Thailand’s future leaders. Teach for Thailand is looking for a highly experienced individual who has a strong passion for developing young leaders through training and coaching to support fellows’ leadership and pedagogical development during the program. The individual must be a strategic thinker, an outstanding relationship builder, and a skilled manager who can lead a team to achieve ambitious results in an entrepreneurial environment. The Leadership Development Manager will have the opportunity to shape team and fellow cultures, design and execute fellow training programs, and innovate in the areas of leadership development.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Training and Curriculum Design:
Evolve and deepen the design of the Fellowship Curriculum to achieve the results in the short & long term
- Work closely with Program Head to design and revise the Fellow development curriculum
- Develop Leadership Development modules that will support Fellows’ leadership development and pedagogical development during the Fellowship
- Work with the coaching team to identify Fellow needs in terms of knowledge, skills and mindsets during the Fellowship
- Design in person and blended learning structures and experiences
- Review and adjust student learning curriculum as per student vision and student outcomes
- Translate design of the curriculum effectively and deliver in-person training sessions at Institute and throughout the 2-year Fellowship
- Designing, planning and executing fellow training and development programs to the highest quality in order to achieve programs objectives and outcomes
Fellowship curriculum is carried out effectively through evaluation and data analysis
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the training through assessments, surveys, and feedback
- Analyze data collected from Fellows with the Coaching & Support Team and provide input in improving the Fellowship program
- Prepare and implement training budget
Leadership Development (Coaching):
Leadership Development and Team Management
- Taking care of the fellows by giving suggestions or coaching by understanding each fellow’s strength and weakness in order to improve their potential
- Creating efficient learning experience for TFT fellows to make sure that they can develop their mindset, skills and knowledge in order to achieve the vision of Teach For Thailand including classroom supervising and talking with each cohorts, school visiting, group discussion, developing skills workshop, joining study planning, co-teaching, leadership workshop, school’s community project, and other activities related to TFT
- Creating strong team culture to allow fellows to work in a good working culture environment in order to live up with the expectation in influencing students, community and related people to change in a better way
- Following Teach For Thailand’ working culture by supporting fellows to improve themselves continuously and earnestly in order to build up cooperation network and support
- Counselling fellows to make them understand and adhere to the mission of TFT alumni that is working to make education equality becomes true
Partner and Alumni Engagement
- Nurture relationships with Alumni and stay abreast of their pathways in order to maximize Alumni engagement in training sessions and workshops
- Identify and coordinate pathway and developmental opportunities for Fellows and Alumni
- Manage high stakes relationships to design and deliver a training program that will facilitate an alternative route to teacher certification
- Build lasting partnerships with key leaders and organizations in the education community to gain support and resources for training and development efforts
Project Management and Others
- Takes a leadership role in managing projects and coordinating with stakeholders in the assignments related to partner contracts, agreements, and memorandum of understandings (MOUs).
- Serves as a key point of contact for new and existing partner inquiries to coordinate all partner communication, along with executing and planning the project timeline.
- Following up, gathering, analyzing and commenting on the progress and achievement in school according to the goal in teaching and learning of fellows from student data, fellow engagement survey data, principal survey data and qualitative data from students work and other sources to improve the project implementation.
- Prioritizing and creating a plan to support fellows who teach in many regions and areas and also he or she has to make a plan for personal discussion, small meeting among fellows and organization meetings.
- Supporting and coordinating with fellows to make them work smoothly with each department in Teach For Thailand for doing projects.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Thai nationality or legally authorized to work in Thailand
- 7+ years of working experience in coaching, training or teaching
- Over 3 years with proven ability to coach and develop team members toward achieving ambitious and measurable outcomes or successfully managing large-scale projects.
- Ability to design and implement effective training and curriculum
- Working in the education sector would be highly considered
- Working flexibility (able to travel upcountry and work on weekends occasionally)
- Fluency in Thai and good command of English
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- A deep commitment to education equity - a belief that all children can succeed regardless of their background.
- Visionary leadership skills, with the personal drive and energy to inspire and motivate colleagues and peers.
- Perseverance - continued effort to do or achieve the mission despite difficulties, failure, or opposition.
- Ability to work effectively with critical thinking, to operate with urgency and sense of possibility in a fast-paced environment.
- A learning orientation with self-awareness and commitment to development for growth
- Exceptional interpersonal skills - ability to establish and manage authentic working relationships with people of all working styles with humility, empathy and respect to get things done.
- Exceptional organisational skills - ability to manage multiple complex projects independently to achieve results.
- High levels of integrity and accountability.
- Exemplify Teach For Thailand’s core values: Mission Comes First, Grow Together, Sense of Possibility, and Act Like Owners.
Salarydepends on prior experience and our structure. Benefits include medicalinsurance, a generous leave policy, and possible opportunities for travel.Additionally, there is ample opportunity for professional development andmobility within the organization as well as access to professional developmentthrough the Teach For All global network.
Tojoin us as a team member, apart from being well qualified, you need tobelieve as strongly as we do in our mission and vision to ensure the success ofour organization.
Pleasesend your resume and a one-page cover letter explaining why Teach For Thailandand why this role to email@example.com with the subject lineof the position you are applying for.
Onlyshortlisted candidates will be contacted.
TeachFor Thailand Foundation
People& Culture Team
7thfloor, Athakavi Building 2
KlongToey, Bangkok 10110