Training & Support Team leads the efforts to train and empower participants (“fellows”) who are teaching in classrooms to transform the lives of thousands of students in the Greater Bangkok area. In 2020, Teach For Thailand’s Training & Support Team will train over 200+ fellows. The team designs and executes training and professional development programs for fellows during ‘Institute’ and throughout their two-year placement in schools. The team also builds the capacity of Teach For Thailand staff and partners with government, university, and local schools to support and develop our fellows. Through the team’s work, our fellows will be equipped with the knowledge, skills, and mindset to lead the students they teach to greater achievement and to develop into future leaders themselves.
Role & Responsibilities:
Leadership Management Associate is the one who is responsible as a core of Thai young leaders’ development. Teach For Thailand is looking for a person who has a strong passion in developing young leaders to become the leaders who are outstanding both inside and outside the classroom through teaching and leading skills programs. He/she has to strengthen the relationship, to lead fellows for the challenging success and to coach them to step across the hard time. In addition, He/she is a creator of the organization culture in TFT cohorts. He or she is the one who designs, creates and invents learning experience and coaching and mentoring innovation, and also develops leadership skills to allow TFT fellows to work efficiently and make education equality becomes true, which is the goal of Thai For Thailand’ vision.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Leadership Development and Team Management
- Taking care of the fellows by giving suggestions or coaching by understanding each fellow’s strength and weakness in order to improve their potential
- Creating efficient learning experience for TFT fellows to make sure that they can develop their mindset, skills and knowledge in order to achieve the vision of Teach For Thailand including classroom supervising and talking with each cohorts, school visiting, group discussion, developing skills workshop, joining study planning, co-teaching, leadership workshop, school’s community project, and other activities related to TFT
- Creating strong team culture to allow fellows to work in a good working culture environment in order to live up with the expectation in influencing students, community and related people to change in a better way
- Following Teach For Thailand’ working culture by supporting fellows to improve themselves continuously and earnestly in order to build up cooperation network and support
- Counselling fellows to make them understand and adhere to the mission of TFT alumni that is working to make education equality becomes true
- Develop career support and transition services for second-year fellows
- Building a good relationship with the school's administration, teachers and community to make them understand the program. In addition, he or she should have an ability to solve possible problems in case there are any conflicts between fellows, teachers and school administration in order to support long-term co-working.
- Inspiring fellows and the school’s teachers to realize the vision of teaching and learning in school and try to make it become true. On the other hand, he or she has to train and transfer this skill to fellows also.
- Following up, gathering, analyzing and commenting on the progress and achievement in school according to the goal in teaching and learning of fellows from student data, fellow engagement survey data, principal survey data and qualitative data from students work and other sources to improve the project implementation.
- Prioritizing and creating a plan to support fellows who teach in many areas in Bangkok Metropolitan Region and also he or she has to make a plan for personal discussion, small meetings among fellows and organization meetings.
- Supporting and coordinating with fellows to make them work smoothly with each department in Teach For Thailand for doing projects.
- Managing ad hoc projects and workshops.
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in any fields
- Thai nationality or legally authorized to work in Thailand
- +2 years' working experience in coaching, training and teaching
- Working in education sector would be highly considered
- Ability to operate with urgency and sense of possibility in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to coach and develop team members toward achieving ambitious and measurable outcomes
- Flexible (able to travel upcountry and work on weekend occasionally)
- Passionate about education, working with people and working for society
- Excellent skill in using Microsoft Words, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fluency in spoken Thai and proficiency in English is required.
Compensation for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To join us as a team member, apart from being well qualified, you need to believe as strongly as we do in our mission and vision to ensure the success of our organization.
Please send your resume and a one-page cover letter with the subject line of the position you are applying for to email@example.com.