Head of Talent Acquisition
At the core of Teach For Thailand’s unique model is our ability to inspire Thailand’s best talents to join the movement and become lifelong champions of educational inequity. The Talent Acquisition Team of Teach For Thailand takes a unique approach in identifying, cultivating, and selecting Thailand’s future leaders to join our flagship “Leaders For Change” Fellowship program – the 2-year leadership development program for our country’s most promising young leaders. In 2021, the team will recruit 80-100 participants (“fellows”) to join the eighth cohort of the Fellowship program.
Responsible for recruitment, selection, matriculation, marketing material design, and social media marketing, the Talent Acquisition team has 4 full-time members and student volunteers (“campus leaders”) from top domestic universities as well as US- and UK-based universities. Over the past five years of operations, the Talent Acquisition team has started to establish Teach For Thailand as a popular employer of choice among top Thai graduates. As one of the most creative recruiters on campus, we have generated buzz around the program, leading to successful recruitment seasons as well as a significant number of social media followers (around 55,000+).
Looking ahead over the next few years, the vision of our team is to become one of the most prestigious graduate employers by the 2021 season. To achieve this ambitious goal, the Talent Acquisition team will need to grow significantly while continuing to innovate our recruitment and selection approaches.
Teach For Thailand is looking for a results-driven executive to take on the challenge of establishing Teach For Thailand as one of the top graduate employers in the country by the 2021 season and scaling the Talent Acquisition team to the next level to ensure sustainable growth and impact.
This role will allow an experienced executive to transform management and business practices into building an efficient, transformative and impact-driven social impact organization including overseeing the full spectrum of talent attraction strategy from marketing and branding to recruitment and research-based selection. The Head of Talent Acquisition will have an opportunity to shape the team culture, design and optimize recruitment & selection operations, and innovate in the area of social media marketing.
The Head of Talent Acquisition is also a member of Teach For Thailand’s Senior Leadership Team and will have the opportunity to help steer the overall direction of the organization.
Recruitment & Selection:
● Developing and overseeing a strategic plan to achieve ambitious recruitment target, which is expected to grow by 100% over the next few years
● Managing and scaling a selection process that involves the screening of more than 1,000 candidates per application cycle
● Tracking and analyzing relevant recruitment and selection data to drive progress towards our ambitious goals
● Building and strengthening Teach For Thailand’s on-campus recruitment infrastructure, including relationships with the most influential professors at top universities
● Innovating Teach For Thailand’s social media marketing and recruiting strategy on Facebook and other platforms
● Collaborating with the Research, Impact, and Evaluation team to improve the selection model by analyzing correlation between student outcome data and candidate attributes
Placement: Implement placement strategy and allocation to maximise our intended impact in the immediate, medium, and long term
● Implement and monitor immediate to long term placement plans in line with the goal of sustainable impact that will see communities work, share, and maximize their resources to promote the well-being and learning of their children
● Develop and keep an up-to-date database of key information and statistics about the Thai school network and the details of our placement campaign, and use it to analyze and optimize results that will benefit students and communities we partner with
● Ensure that >80% of school placement are renewed by maintaining friendly yet professional relationship with 40 principals and over 100 mentors in schools where our teachers are currently placed, ensuring their ongoing satisfaction with Teach For Thailand, and cultivating them as advocates of our organization, anticipating to grow in size by at least 15% in the coming year
● Managing a team of 3-5 high-performing team members and 30-40 student volunteers (both in Thailand and abroad) to be successful and engaged in a fast-paced, goals-driven environment; continuing to grow the team in response to the scale of the fellowship program
● Building a strong team culture to ensure that the Talent Acquisition team is a great and sustainable place for every team member to work
● Coaching and developing team members on core recruiting and management skills and cultivating them as future leaders of the Talent Acquisition team
● Formalizing performance management within the team, including promotion criteria; standardizing the work across the team to ensure consistency and efficiency
Senior Leadership Team Member:
● Providing leadership for the organization and representing the vision, mission, and core values of the organization both internally and externally
● Engaging the entire organization in coming up with a long-term vision and strategy for the organization
● Developing and overseeing organization-wide strategic and operational plan; monitoring organizational performance across the board
● Working on key strategic initiatives and issues to optimize the operations of the organization as well as maximize impact
● Bachelor’s degree required
● 5+ years of management experience in a fast-paced, goals-driven environment
● Proven experience developing and executing recruiting marketing and branding strategies
● Proven track record of achievement in managing a team to achieve highly ambitious targets
● Native speaker of Thai with professional working proficiency of English
● Willingness to travel and work some weekends and evenings
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
● A deep commitment to education equity - a belief that all children can succeed regardless of their background
● Visionary leadership skills, with the personal drive and energy to inspire and motivate colleagues and peers
● Ability to work effectively with ambiguity in an organization transitioning out of its startup phase, including willingness to operate outside of one’s formal role to ensure the success of the broader organization
● A learning orientation - commitment to development and openness to feedback
● Exceptional interpersonal skills - ability to establish and manage authentic working relationships with people of all working styles to get things done
● Excellent in execution skills - ability to set strategic goals and analyze by using data to guide daily actions and decisions
● Exemplify Teach For Thailand’s core values: Lead by Example, Students First, Constant Learning, Sense of Possibility, Relationships Matter, and Open and Honest.
Salary is competitive in the Thai context and depends on prior experience. Benefits include medical insurance, a generous leave policy, and possible opportunities for travel. Additionally, there is ample opportunity for professional development and mobility within the organization as well as access to professional development through the Teach For All global network.
Please send your resume and a one-page cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line of the position you are applying for.