Teach For Thailand is looking for a strategic and proactive Head of Partnerships to lead our Development Function. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing the vision and strategy to grow and sustain the cross-sector partnerships that generate approximately over THB 50 million supporting our vision and mission in 2021. It is expected that the funding will grow 5-10% on an annual basis over the next two years.
Today, we have over 90 participants in our two-year leadership development program, 137 ambassadors, and 15 team members who are committed to expanding educational opportunity through their leadership in schools and across all sectors. Over the next 2 years, we aim to grow our movement to 150 participants who collectively will impact 30,000 children in classrooms, along with more than 200 alumni and 20 staff serving as leaders to address systemic causes of educational inequity across all sectors.
You will work closely with the Board, CEO and Leadership Team with strategic insights and knowledge from the education, social or private sectors. The head of Partnerships provide the necessary vision, leadership, and fundraising experience which will enable the organisation to achieve its fundraising targets and organisational development programme. You’ll be a creative and inspirational leader, accustomed to working with senior stakeholders both internally and externally, and you will be someone who thrives when bringing about positive change and achieving bold outcomes. This is an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic, passionate and relationship-driven leader who is looking to take on a new challenge in a fast-paced, results-oriented, socially-minded environment.
Development (Private Sector Fundraising):
- Set vision for and develop an annual cultivation and engagement strategy for key stakeholders in the corporation
- Increase revenue generation and diversification of our corporate and foundation streams, from around THB ~20-30 million in FY’21 with an annual increases of 5-10%
- Develop, deliver, evaluate and continually refresh partnerships strategy in order to secure necessary resources (financial and in-kind) for the organization to execute the program
- Engage current partners through different levers in a creative and systematic way with the results that ~90% of current partners renewing their support in FY’20 (ie. establish corporate volunteering program and etc)
- Establish a new income stream of individual donors to reach 10% of its annual budget in 2021 and gradually increase year on year to a third of the operating budget by 2023
- Securing sustainable public funding to support current and future scale ambitions
- Secure an annual budget of THB ~20-30m from public sectors (national and/or local government) for teachers salary. The number could increase 30% or more per year depending on the scale of incoming cohort size.
- Build coalitions with local and national government (ie. Local Administrative Units, Ministry of Education, Bangkok Metropolitan Administration and etc), school leaders (public, private, foundation schools), institutional partners (Chulalongkorn University and etc) to support our immediate and long term agendas.
Senior Leadership Team Member:
- Provide leadership for the organization and representing the vision, mission, and core values of the organization both internally and externally
- Develop and oversee organization-wide strategic and operational plan; monitoring organizational performance across the board
- Work on key strategic initiatives and issues to optimize the operations of the organization as well as maximize impact
- Bachelor’s degree required, more advanced degrees preferred
- Minimum 8 years full time work experience, including at least 5 years of experience in fundraising, business development and/or sales preferred
- Demonstrated success in building and growing effective partnerships with government partners and/or in fundraising preferred
- Thai fluency is mandatory (written and spoken) and good command of English
- A deep commitment to education equity - a belief that all children can succeed regardless of their Background
- Visionary leadership skills, with the personal drive and energy to inspire and motivate colleagues and peers
- Ability to work effectively with ambiguity in an organization transitioning out of its startup phase, including the willingness to operate outside of one’s formal role to ensure the success of the broader organization
- A learning orientation - commitment to learning and development and openness to feedback
- Excellent organizational and strategic planning skills and the ability to assess, prioritize and manage a varied and demanding workload under pressure and with tight deadlines whilst maintain a high bar for quality
- Exceptional relationship building, relationship management and negotiation skills, with demonstrated ability to influence and persuade at all levels
- Ability to establish and manage authentic working relationships with people of all working styles
- Exemplary communication skills written and speaking plus strong presentation skills
Salary is competitive in the Thai context and depends on prior experience.
Benefits include medical insurance, a generous leave policy, and possible opportunities for travel. Additionally, there is ample opportunity for professional development and mobility within the organisation as well as access to professional development through the Teach For All global network.
Please send your resume and a one-page cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line of the position you are applying for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.