รู้จักองค์กร / ร่วมทำงานกับเรา / Head of External Relations
In Thailand there are over 10 million students in our public school system, and yet ~50% leave the system without basic reading, writing and critical thinking skills. Unfortunately, most of them are from low income families, so this contributes to growing injustices and weak human capital in our country. This is unacceptable if we want our new generation to remain relevant and competitive and support an aging society in the next 10 years. At Teach For Thailand, we are working to change this. We believe in the potential of all children and are working to create a different future for kids growing up in low income communities. Today, we have 73 participants in our two-year leadership development program, 114 ambassadors, and 15 team members who are committed to expanding educational opportunity through their leadership in schools and across all sectors. Over the next 2 years, we aim to grow our movement to 150 participants who collectively will impact 30,000 children in classrooms, along with 200 ambassadors and 25 staff serving as leaders to address systemic causes of educational inequity across all sectors. To achieve this, we need a Head of External Relations to cultivate a community of champions and partners across the public and private sectors to support Teach For Thailand in growing a movement of leaders who are working together to improve educational equity and opportunity for all children in Thailand.
As the Head of External Relations, you will be responsible for developing the vision and strategy to grow and sustain the cross-sector partnerships necessary to support our vision and mission. To do this, you will be managing and developing a growing team of professionals who lead the key work-streams involved in your strategy, including but not limited to fundraising, government relations, policy, marketing and communications, and over time you will be responsible for evolving the structures and roles on your team to match the needs required to achieve your growing growth targets. This will require you to demonstrate exceptional leadership and management skills, as well as strategic thinking, judgment, relationship building, and strong execution and prioritization abilities.
As a member of Teach For Thailand’s Senior Leadership Team (SLT), you will work closely with the Board, CEO and SLT with strategic insights and knowledge from the education, social or private sectors. You’ll be a creative and inspirational leader, accustomed to working with senior stakeholders both internally and externally, and you will be someone who thrives when bringing about positive change and achieving bold outcomes. This is an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic, passionate and relationship-driven manager and leader who is looking to take on a new challenge in a fast-paced, results-oriented, socially-minded environment.
- Increase revenue generation of our funding streams through diversification of our funding base, from around ~1.3M USD in FY ‘19 to ~5M USD in FY 21 (annual increases of 20-30% annually)
- Develop, deliver, evaluate and continually refresh partnerships strategy in order to secure necessary resources (financial and in-kind) for the organization to execute the program
- Engage current partners through different levers in a creative and systematic way with the results that ~90% of current partners renewing their support in FY’19 (ie. establish corporate volunteering program and etc)
- Establish a new income stream of individual donors to reach 10% of its annual budget in 2019 and gradually increase year on year to a third of the operating budget by 2021
- Sustain and grow our school placements through partnerships with the Ministry of Education and Local Administrative Areas, worth over ~500K USD in FY’19 and expected to grow significantly
- Establish and maintain strong relationships for current and future expansion of Teach For Thailand to different provinces of highest needs.
- Collaborate with the local and national government (ie. Local Administrative Units, Ministry of Education, Bangkok Metropolitan Administration and etc), school leaders (public, private, foundation schools), institutional partners (Chulalongkorn University and etc), to support the organization in achieving to operate sustainably at an ambitious scale
- Manage budget-to-actual variances by reviewing budgets on a monthly basis, with a view to identifying causes for variances and making adjustments to budgets as needed
- Maintain positive relationships with senior officials at two educational offices, 40 principals and 100 mentors in schools where our teachers are currently placed, ensuring their ongoing satisfaction with Teach For Thailand, and cultivating them as advocates for our organization and cause, anticipating to grow in size by at least 15% in this year
Marketing and Communications
- Cultivate Teach For Thailand’s brand as a top-of-mind charitable organization through the development and delivery of a top-notch marketing and communications strategy
- Set up and implement strategies to communicate our mission and approach through messaging that is universally understandable and resonant across a diverse set of stakeholders, including: media, corporate partners, government agencies/policy makers, foundation, other social enterprises, and internal HQ and school based staff. Tailor messaging by constituency to advance the organization’s points of view and drive constituencies to action.
- Ensure colleagues understand and support the work across teams by providing them with material, resources and training them to be effective storyteller of the brand
- Manage reputational issues as needed
- Hire/Coach/Manage a team of 2-5 high-potential team members
- Build a strong team culture to ensure that the External Relations team is a great and sustainable place for every team member to work with the goal of retaining high performing team members over the next two years
Senior Leadership Team Member
- Provide leadership for the organization and representing the vision, mission, and core values of the organization both internally and externally
- Develop and oversee organization-wide strategic and operational plan; monitoring organizational performance across the board
- Work on key strategic initiatives and issues to optimize the operations of the organization as well as maximize impact
- Bachelor’s degree required, more advanced degrees preferred
- Minimum 10 years full time work experience, including at least 5 years of experience in fundraising and/or government relations and/or sales preferred
- Demonstrated success in building and growing effective partnerships with government partners and/or in fundraising preferred
- Thai fluency is mandatory (written and spoken) and good command of English
- A deep commitment to education equity - a belief that all children can succeed regardless of their background
- Visionary leadership skills, with the personal drive and energy to inspire and motivate colleagues and peers
- Ability to work effectively with ambiguity in an organisation transitioning out of its startup phase, including the willingness to operate outside of one’s formal role to ensure the success of the broader organisation
- A learning orientation - commitment to learning and development and openness to feedback
- Excellent organizational and strategic planning skills and the ability to assess, prioritize and manage a varied and demanding workload under pressure and with tight deadlines whilst maintain a high bar for quality
- Exceptional relationship building, relationship management and negotiation skills, with demonstrated ability to influence and persuade at all levels
- Ability to establish and manage authentic working relationships with people of all working styles
- Exemplary communication skills written and speaking
Compensation for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience.
Please send your resume and a one-page cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line of the position you are applying for.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.