Teach For Thailand seeks a highly driven Manager on External Relations team who is comfortable being a strong back of house support. The Manager will provide essential support to Teach For Thailand's CEO and Head of Partnerships, who are responsible for developing and growing meaningful partnerships between Teach For Thailand and a constituency of global and national corporations, foundation, high net worth individuals, and public agencies.
The Manager will play a critical role in supporting the executions, strategies and systems undergirding Teach For Thailand's cultivation of a highly dynamic partners pipeline. Her/his duties will range from account management to research and meeting preparation, as well as managing up to the functional head and/or CEO to execute expansive partnerships. A make it happen and can do attitude, disciplined work habits, and attention to detail will be keys to success in this role. There is opportunity for growth as the organization grows.
The Manager will report directly to the Head of Partnerships. The Manager will expect to support a cash-in of THB ~50m in FY21 and is expected to help grow the pie through the following outcomes:
- Landscape Research & Analysis: Build and evolve an expansive understanding of the landscape of potential supporters in Thailand and abroad, conducting regular research to evolve and update this analysis
- Pipeline management: Create and maintain an up-to-date picture of the external stakeholder map and pipeline, making recommendations for prioritization and engagement to drive cultivation strategy
- Communications: Develop and draft clear, timely and effective communications to advance awareness and support among external stakeholders
- Data and systems: Evolve and maintain the tracking and data systems that support the Head of Partnerships and CEO to understand our progress and to stay on top of critical tasks. Leverage those data systems to support strategic prioritization and decision making across our portfolio of external engagements
- Project management and coordination: Coordinate effectively across various Teach For Thailand teams in pursuit of development and external engagement objectives, working in particularly close collaboration with our program team and communication manager
The Manager responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Strategy, and Portfolio Management - 50%
- Generate leads and build a pipeline of prospective partners together with the Head of Partnership and CEO.
- Build strong relationships and act as the primary contact point so that key accounts are exceeded as planned. Escalate, track and resolve key account issues
- Execute partnerships strategy in order to secure necessary resources (financial and in-kind) for the organization to execute the program
- Design and execute engagement plan to our champions/partners grounded in analysis of motivation and barriers to support our organization
Research, Meeting Preparation, Communication and Reporting - 40%
- Write and manage grant application and reports that is tailored to specific needs of each donor
- Conduct in-depth analysis of new and existing donors to inform strategy for influencing, motivating and inspiring donors to contribute to our work
- Creating strategic meeting briefs with appropriate objectives, asks, angles and donor history that anticipate potential questions from funders and proposed potential responses
Administrative Support - 10%
- Process cash receipt forms for pledges and gifts
- Manage calendar scheduling and finances for the External Relations Team
- Provide other dedicated administrative support on an as-needed basis
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years of work experience
- Exceptional communication skills
- Previous business development experience preferred but not required
- Fluency in Thai and English
- Ability to build and maintain high stake relationships
- Strong service-minded, analytical and result-oriented skills
- Well detail-oriented, organized and able to prioritize multiple priorities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and the Internet
- Good command of English and Thai fluency is mandatory (written and spoken)
Salary is competitive in the Thai context and depends on prior experience.
Benefits include medical insurance, a generous leave policy, and possible opportunities for travel. Additionally, there is ample opportunity for professional development and mobility within the organisation as well as access to professional development through the Teach For All global network.
Please send your resume and a one-page cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line of the position you are applying for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.